How to configure IPTV on Kodi?
Kodi is an open-source media player which is a free application that functions as a digital media center. This application allows you to play your multimedia files, to broadcast them between different devices, from the main location to other devices.
Using Kodi on most operating systems such as Android, Microsoft Windows, Linux, iOS, and devices such as Amazon FireTV, smartphones, Apple TV, Xbox, and PC. This article is divided into two sections, one is the latest version of Kodi Krypton and the second is the old version.
How to bring IPTV channels to Kodi (new version)
Installing Kodi is incredibly simple. All you need to do is download Kodi, double-click the Kodi image, and then run the setup wizard. It’s so simple! After installing Kodi, download a wide variety of add-ons to enhance the experience. Here we are going to show you how to install IPTV on Kodi.
- Step 1: Start by downloading Kodi depending on your operating system at https://kodi.tv/download. In this case, we select “Windows”.
* Please note that the installation process is very similar in all operating systems.
- Step 2: Select 64-bit or 32-bit depending on your operating system.
- Step 3: Now click on “Get” and proceed to the next part.
- Step 4: Now click on “Add-ons”.
- Step 5: Now click on “My add-ons”.
- Step 6: Now select “PVR Clients”.
- Step 7: Select “PVR IPTV Simple Client”.
- Step 8: Now click on “Configure”.
- Step 9: Now select “M3U Reading List URL”.
- Step 10: Now paste your M3U URL.
- Step 11: Now click on “XMLTV URL”.
- Step 12: Now paste your EPG URL.
- Step 13: Click on “Activate”.
- Step 14: Now click on “Channels”.
- Step 15: Wait until you see the channel update notification and the installation process is complete.
How to bring IPTV channels to Kodi (old version)
This is the old version of Kodi and we strongly recommend that you install the latest version for a better viewing experience.
- Step 1: Start by activating the “Live TV” function by selecting “System” then “Settings”.
- Step 2: Select “Live TV” from the menu.
- Step 3: Select “Activate” at the top.
- Step 4: A message will appear asking you to activate a PVR add-on. Click on OK.
- Step 5: This will bring you to the add-on screen for all PVR clients. Select the “PVR IPTV Simple Client”.
- * This add-on is one of the best extensions for streaming IPTV channels.
- Step 6: After selecting “Activate”, click on “Configure”.
- Step 7: Change the general location to “Remote path” (Internet address) and paste the “M3U URL” provided by your IPTV distributor.
- Step 8: After downloading the M3U playlist, press OK, exit and restart KODI.
After restarting Kodi,
a live TV section will appear in the main menu. Click on it and from here stream IPTV channels to your device.
Kodi is capable of playing almost any multimedia content imagine and is very customizable. Kodi allows you to change the color, the skin of the user interface according to your tasteful preferences. Also, download tons of various add-ons to make your entertainment world even more remarkable.