The following tutorial will provide you with instructions to Install Stremio on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV/Google TV Boxes.
We also provide a detailed video guide that will show you how to set up this application with a 3rd party addon.
Doing so will provide you with buffer-free streaming on nearly any device you prefer.
We strongly suggest viewing the video guide that covers important details you should know to install and use this app safely.
Stremio is one of the most popular APKs for viewing Movies, TV Shows, and more in high-definition quality.
It is a free media center application that works very similarly to Kodi and Plex.
We can install 3rd party addons that allow for the streaming of on-demand movies, TV shows, Anime, and more.
Step 1 – Sign up for a Free Stremio Account
In order to use the Stremio app, we must first register for a free account on the official website.
For anonymity purposes, we recommend using an anonymous email address such as StartMail that will ensure your identity is secure.
There is no verification required to use this app so using your personal email is not suggested.
1. Visit the official Stremio Website and click Login in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Select Sign up with Email.
3. Enter an email address and password and click Sign Up.
4. Your account is now created
Continue reading to learn how to install the Stremio application and login with your account.
We won’t send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 2 – Install Stremio App on Windows PC, Mac, Linux, Android Phone/Tablet
In this example, we’re using a Windows PC for setup purposes. You can also use Android phones, tablets, Mac, and Linux as well. Once you’ve setup your account on any of these devices, you can easily login on your streaming device and all of your addons, settings, and library will be there. That’s the beauty of Stremio!
If you watch the video above you will see why we use these devices to initially setup this application. Installing and configuring the addon is much easier on the devices mentioned above.
After creating a Stremio account, we can install the application on a PC.
Doing this will allow for seamless integration on any device including Firestick & Android TV.
Click Windows Download.
2. Wait for the app to install and open your downloads. Click Stremio
3. Wait for the file to install.
4. Select Run Stremio and click Finish.
5. If prompted, click Allow.
6. The Stremio App will now launch for use. Login with your credentials created earlier.
7. On the left-hand side of the screen, choose Addons.
8. Click My Addons.
9. Uninstall addons that we will not need. (Refer to video above for more info.)
After installing the app on PC, we can now install and configure the best addon for Stremio.
Step 3 – Install & Configure Torrentio
Torrentio uses torrent links to provide streaming content including Movies and TV Shows.
For this reason, a VPN is required as your IP Address will be made available to the public if you don’t have a VPN connected. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Those who do not have real-debrid can configure Torrentio as shown below.
If you prefer to use real-debrid, skip the following steps and continue down for a step-by-step guide to install & set up Torrentio with real-debrid.
1. On your PC, launch your preferred browser and visit https://stremio-addons.netlify.app/.
2. Find Torrentio and click Configure.
3. Adjust Settings to your preference. We suggest changing the Sorting to By seeders.
4. We also suggest putting the video size limit to 15GB.
5. Click Install.
6. Click Open Link.
7. Launch the Stremio app on PC and select Install.
8. You will then see Torrentio Addon installed message.
Install & Configure Torrentio With Real-Debrid
If you have a real-debrid subscription, we can integrate this into Torrentio for premium HD streaming links.
1. Open your browser and visit https://stremio-addons.netlify.app/
2. Find Torrentio and click Configure.
3. Change settings to your preference and under Debrid service, select RealDebrid.
4. Select the Find it Here button to open Real-Debrid and find your API Token.
You can also find this by visiting real-debrid.com/apitoken.
NOTE: This is a long Key so make sure to enter this carefully so you don’t miss any characters. You must be logged in to real-debrid prior to clicking this button to find your API Key.
5. Copy your API Key and enter it into the box provided. Then Click Install.
6. Choose Open Link.
7. You will then see Torrentio addon installed message.
Torrentio is now set up for use! Continue reading to learn how to install the Stremio App on a Firestick, Android TV, or Google TV device.
How to Install Stremio on Firestick/Android TV/Google TV
In this guide, we are using an Amazon Fire TV Stick. However, these instructions will also work for any Fire TV Device as well as Android TV & Google TV Boxes.
If you prefer, you can install Stremio for Android devices from the Google Play Store.
Step 1 – Prepare Your Streaming Device for Installation
1. From the home screen of your device, hover over the Find button and then click the Search box.
2. Search for and select Downloader.
3. Choose the Downloader app.
4. Click Download or Get.
5. Wait for the app to install.
6. You will then encounter Downloader Ready to launch! message.
7. Return to the home screen of your device. Hover over Settings and click My Fire TV.
8. Choose Developer Options.
IMPORTANT: Please see the notes below if you don’t see Developer Options on your screen.
9. Select Install unknown apps.
10. Find Downloader and click it.
11. This will turn Unknown Sources to On for the Downloader app and enable sideloading on your device.
Developer Options Not Available
If you do not see Developer Options within Settings, use the guide below to enable this for the Downloader App.
1. Hover over the Settings icon and click My Fire TV.
2. Click About.
Note: Notice Developer Options is missing.
3. Hover over Fire TV Stick and click the OK button on your remote 7 times to become a developer.
4. Click the back button on your remote and you will notice Developer Options is now showing within My Fire TV.
Now that Downloader has been installed and Unknown Sources enabled, we can install the application from the official site.
Step 2 – Install Stremio
NOTE: Before installing this application, first connect to our #1 VPN Provider to protect your data and security.
We also suggest enabling the Kill Switch to ensure your internet connection will be disabled if your VPN is disconnected for any reason.
As noted above, Torrentio provides torrent files for streaming which means a quality VPN is pretty much required to use this service.
Make sure you are connected to your VPN before using Stremio with Torrentio.
Continue reading for Stremio installation instructions.
1. Launch the Downloader application.
2. Hover over the URL bar and click the select button on your remote.
3. Type the following URL exactly as it is shown here: stremio.com/downloads and click Go.
4. Scroll down to Stremio for Android TV and select the ARM APK.
5. Wait for the application to install.
6. Click Install.
7. You will then see the Stremio Ready to launch! message. Click Done.
8. Click Delete to remove the installation file.
9. Click Delete again.
Step 3 – Move to the Front of Your Apps List
We will now move the application to the front of our apps list for quick access.
1. Return to your device home screen and open your apps list.
2. Hover over Stremio and click the Menu button on your remote. Choose Move.
3. Drag to your preferred location and drop the app.
Step 4 – How to Use Stremio
After installing, we can now launch the Stremio App for use.
1. Launch the app and you will be met with the following screen. Open your preferred browser on any device and enter the provided link or scan the QR Code to link your account.
2. You are then met with the Stremio home screen.
3. Open the menu and select Addons.
4. You will then see Torrentio is already installed.
That’s it! Torrentio is now enabled within Stremio for viewing Movies and TV Shows in high definition.
You will see these links displayed when viewing a Movie or TV Show.
If you enabled Real-Debrid, you will see RD links populating.
Stremio features dozens of addons for installation from their addon repository.
Some of the most popular options include:
Features & Details
There are various features available with this application that will make your streaming experience even better.
Within the settings menu are numerous options to cater to your personal preference.
Users can adjust the Interface including Language and theme options.
There are also various video playback options available. Here we can adjust audio settings and more.
Users can also integrate an External Video Player for use instead of the Default ExoPlayer.
If you choose to do this, we suggest using MX Player or VLC Player.
The best way to find all the features associated with this app is by testing it on your preferred device.
Is Stremio Safe?
When using unverified streaming apps from 3rd party developers, it is important to know what comes with these applications.